[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1829?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13540753#comment-13540753
 ] 

Shawn Heisey commented on SOLR-1829:
------------------------------------

Because JSP was removed entirely from solr 4.0, analysis.jsp no longer exists.  
The patch as it is now would be useless.

I will admit that I don't completely understand the issue description or Uri's 
first comment, but I did understand the bit about a dropdown with all valid 
field/type values.  I suspect that the current 4.0 UI is as good as or better 
than what has been proposed here, in which case this issue needs closing.

                
> Cleaned up analysis.jsp - removed all token API scriptlets
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-1829
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1829
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: web gui
>    Affects Versions: 1.4
>            Reporter: Uri Boness
>              Labels: admin
>             Fix For: 4.1
>
>         Attachments: SOLR-1829.patch
>
>
> The analysis.jsp was polluted with the old token stream api in scriptlets all 
> over the place. Since the introduction of the FieldAnalysisRequestHandler, 
> there's no need to keep this mess. Instead, the page can just call the 
> analysis request handler and with parameter generated by the form and display 
> the xml response the same way as it is displayed at the moment. Moreover, it 
> will save some work when updating the code base to the new token stream API.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to