On 01/18/2013 04:24 PM, amirou wrote:
HI everybody,

I want to develop a java system which indexes a set of documents represented
by an ontology. Is this could be done with lucene.

I yes what are the plugins which I have to use.
Thank you very much.

Amir.

About semantic indexing, we have an API that "disambiguates" documents--it determines part of speech, compounds, senses, dependencies between words, named entities--and returns xml/json info that looks like the following for example if you disambiguate [semantic indexing] :

|  <docs len="2"  num="1">
      <doc len="2">
        <sensesInfo>
          <sense csk="semantic/C2"  fs="semantic/J1"  fsk="semantic/J1">
            <desc>of or relating to the study of meaning and changes of
meaning.</desc>
            <extRef>
              <dm>wikipedia</dm>
              <ref>29107</ref>
            </extRef>
            <extRef>
              <dm>wikipedia</dm>
              <ref>397608</ref>
            </extRef>
          </sense>
          <sense csk="index/C1"  fs="indexing/N1"  fsk="indexing/N1">
            <desc>the act of classifying and providing an index in order to make
items easier to retrieve.</desc>
          </sense>
        </sensesInfo>
[...]

You can then retrieve properties, categories of the disambiguated senses, climb up or down those hierarchies, and have a real semantic index. Disambiguated senses also have information connecting to wikipedia article ids. You could also map those to any existing ontology.

You can check it out on www.idilia.com

Eustache