There are just a lot of bug fixes, not really anything particularly nasty. I
think we will probably do a 4.3 soon as well, but we have not invested time in
a point release in a while and I think it causes fewer upgrades that will fix
bugs. I think people are less likely to upgrade to 4.3 than 4.2.1 anytime soon.
Because of that, and because Robert shouldered most of the 4.2 burden, I
figured I could stand to put some effort into a 4.2.1.

Part of this is guilt I suppose? There have been bugs that I have thought
warranted a 4.0.1 and 4.1.1, but I never felt I had the time/energy to shoulder
a release. There are parts that involve Maven :)

One of the more annoying bugs to me is that accessing the admin UI in SolrCloud
mode causes lots of warning logging that fills up your logs and looks scary -
just that makes me want a 4.2.1, but there are lots of other bugs fixes already
as well.

- Mark