:   I would still like the ability to specify two different query analysis
: chains with one index, rather than having to write a custom parser for each

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, I certainly haven't thought it
through very hard, but ...

i wonder if you could create a new FieldType subclassing TextField in
which you would not only specify an analyzer, but also another field name
(or prefix or something) and that FieldType would use it's analyzer to
build queries against the other field.

So for example you might configure...

  <fieldType name="no_sym_ft" class="SpoofingTextField" prefix="nosym_">
    <analyzer ....  />
  </fieldType>
  <dynamicField type="no_sym_ft" name="nosym_* indexed="false" />

...and then at query time, any use of a field name like "nosym_foo" would
cause the "no_sym_ft" field type to use it's analyzer to build queries
against the "foo" field.

I think the implementation would could be fairly simple, but i'm not
certian.

-Hoss