Hello Raimon,

depending on what focus your master thesis should be Lucene / Solr may or
not be the right project.
Basically if your sentiment analysis topic is tight to information
retrieval (very dummy example: making a search engine which scores
documents boosting "positive" ones) then it could be ok (in this case you
could leverage some classification capabilities Lucene has [1]) otherwise
if your task is more focused on the extraction of such sentiments then
other projects may fit better, see for example OpenNLP or Mahout or UIMA.

My 2 cents,
Tommaso

[1] :
http://www.slideshare.net/teofili/text-categorization-with-lucene-and-solr