From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_luc...@fucit.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:08 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Discussion] Discontinue the ROLLBACK command in Solr?

: Many are confused about the rollback feature in Solr, since it cannot
: guarantee a rollback of updates from that client since last commit.
:
: In my opinion it is pretty useless to have a rollback feature you cannot
: rely upon - Unless, that is, you are the only client for sure, having no
: autoCommit, and a huge RAMbuffer.
:
: So why don't we simply deprecate the feature in 4.x and remove it from 5.0?

+1 ... i don't remember the details of how/why/where rollback works, but
as i understand it, there are some serious caveats to it's usage, as well
as some bugs that may not have any viable/simple solutions (at least as
far as i know of).

example...

-Hoss