> While we could make LTC default maxFailures to 1 if tests.iters are >1, I
> don't think that it's worth it. I'll just type -Dtests.failfast=true.

The default isn't without a reason -- when you run with tests.iters
with a fixed (method) seed and have multiple failures  (but different
from the number of runs) this means your test is seed-independent (it
depends on factors other than just the seed). Yours is just one
scenario out of many :)

> Anyway, since then I was able to run luceneutil/repeatLuceneTest.py which
> does the combination of tests.iters and tests.dups (which is what I wished
> -Dtests.dups, or -Dtests.beast would do). So far it's been working great.

Great to hear that. I will fix that issue you came across anyway --
this is a bug so thanks for reporting.

Dawid