For anyone who doesn't know already, core discovery is fundamentally broken in 4.3.0, and the problems won't be fixed in 4.3.1. The specific problem that a user found isn't a problem on branch_4x, but the code is quite a lot different.

See discussion on SOLR-4773 starting on May 6th.

I am planning to go through the wiki and rename all the pages for core discovery so they say 4.4, and modify the page content similarly as well. The pages include a note saying that the change was introduced in 4.3.0 but doesn't work right until 4.4. I will put redirects on the old pages after I rename them.

It will be a bit of an undertaking to make sure all the changes happen somehwat seamlessly, so I will be waiting until I get home this evening before attempting it.

I also wanted to get some feedback on this change before it happens.

Thanks,
Shawn