On 7/8/2013 7:14 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
Dear Lucene Community,

I note that this email has received no response, and the JIRA no further
discussion, since June 19th. As an occasional contributor to this
community, I think that this is unreasonable. My personal belief is that
the Apache Way calls for you to decide something here: use a vote if
needed. You might decide to do _nothing_ at all, but you won't just
leave me waving in the breeze. I suppose that _I_ could call a vote
here, but as a non-committer it would seem presumptuous of me. Also, I
might not find a committer willing to act on it.

For me, this issue is beyond my skill set. I don't understand the solutions, because I have never delved into it. I would love to help, but because of my lack of experience, I really can't. I do have a family and a real job, too.

For the rest of the devs, I offer this as a possible explanation, not as an excuse: It is high summer in the northern hemisphere. For the US, this is prime vacation time. I'm clueless about Europe, but it's probably the same there. If someone is in vacation mode, they may chime in from time to time, but they won't be putting heavy work or lots of thought in.

Thanks,
Shawn