Mikhail,

Your best best would be loading up the system using Jmeter server+client
and firing 100s of queries per second. And to monitor you can enable JMX
and monitor using jconsole or you can also use the analytical/monitoring
tools. LoadUI.org has a free tool which can load the system up.

When you say benchmarking what are the key attributes that you are looking
at?

Thanks & Regards,
Kranti K Parisa
http://www.linkedin.com/in/krantiparisa