Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:17 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Parquet dictionary encoding & bit packing

Hi,

I was reading the Parquet announcement from July:
https://blog.twitter.com/2013/announcing-parquet-10-columnar-storage-for-hadoop

And a few things caught my attention - Dictionary encoding and
(dynamic) bit packing.  This smells like something Adrien likes to eat
for breakfast.

Over in the Hadoop ecosystem Parquet interest has picked up:
http://search-hadoop.com/?q=parquet

I thought I'd point it out as I haven't seen anyone bring this up.  I
imagine there are ideas to be borrowed there.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support -- http://sematext.com/
Performance Monitoring -- http://sematext.com/spm