Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm very excited and honored to join
the Lucene / Solr committer team.

I'm a software engineer living in downtown New York City. Lucene first
caught my attention in 2001 while working for a scientific publisher that
was evaluating search engines. Even in those early days Lucene was beating
the commercial engines in our performance and relevance tests. I lobbied
hard for Lucene, but in the end was overruled. So I snuck Lucene into my
work whenever I could, often using it as a key/ value store. It's amazing
now to see how far Lucene / Solr have come and I'm looking forward to
contributing to the project.

Aside from programming, I'm a science fiction fan and enjoy learning about
eastern philosophy. I'm currently engaged to my girlfriend Lauren who lives
with me in Battery Park City.

Joel