Looks like I jumped the gun in assuming for my latest LUCENE-5322 commit that
‘ant validate-maven-artifacts’ doesn't need to depend on
‘generate-maven-artifacts’ - this problem didn’t surface for me locally since I
don’t remove Lucene/Solr artifacts from my local Maven repository before
running the target.

I’ll put back the ‘generate-maven-artifacts’ dependency.