Hi Rory,

Which mailing list should be used to post jaxp bugs? I've just filed
an outstanding issue with valid XML parsing with the default parser.
Unfortunately the submit system doesn't let you know the bug number -
quite unfortunate.

This issue has been in there for a while -- we hit it in 2011:

http://issues.carrot2.org/browse/CARROT-813

and I finally found the time to inspect the source code and get to the
bottom of it. Better now than never :)

Anyway, this always craps out on me, any Sun-derived JDK I've tied:

import java.io.StringReader;

import org.xml.sax.InputSource;
import org.xml.sax.XMLReader;
import org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory;

public class Foo {
    StringBuilder builder = new StringBuilder();
    builder.append("<root attr=\"");
    for (int i = 0; i < 200; i++) {
      builder.append("\n");
    }
    builder.append("foo.");
    builder.append("\" />");
    final XMLReader reader = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader();
    System.out.println(reader.getClass().getName());
    reader.parse(new InputSource(new StringReader(builder.toString())));
  }
}

Dawid