An alternative to dropping is to assign the less frequent values to the
reference i.e. all one-hot encoded features will be 0.
Also important to note: total runtime will increase with this option since
we'll have to compute the exact frequency distribution.

Another suggested change is to call this function 'one_hot_encoding' since
that is the output here (similar to sklearn's OneHotEncoder
<http://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/generated/sklearn.preprocessing.OneHotEncoder.html>).
We can keep the current name as a deprecated alias till 2.0 is released.