RM:
Ed, so far we don't have a release manager.  Any volunteers out there?

PR #75
 https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/pull/75
introduces mini-batching for SVM but also has potential application to
other algorithms.  It is not yet merged because it is part of an epic
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-1047
and those stories are still in flight or awaiting contributors

New usage or contributions
Certainly some good features planned for this release.  Lots of time still
for community members to contribute.  For example:
rashmi.ra...@gmail.com expressed an interest in working on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-1086 and possible stratified
sampling

Frank