Dev,

In preparation for updating the Jenkins build environment for the MADlib
TLP move, I am reviewing the active Jenkins projects.

I noticed the Jenkins build projects (madlib-master-build &
madlib-pr-build) use a Source Code Management --> Git --> Additional
Behaviours --> Check out to a sub-directory (incubator-madlib)
configuration option. This currenlty places a hardcoded requirement on the
build scripts (jenkins_build.sh & rat_check.sh) with this value.

Question: is the value for the sub-directory arbitrary?  I'd like to
suggest we set this value to match the repository name (minus .git suffix).
This will allow us to reference the ${GIT_URL} environment variable
available to the running shell process.

I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-1142 to track
the need to update the Jenkins projects and referenced the TLP graduation
epic (MADLIB-1112). The jira also has a recommended update to the command
and scripts being executed to be more dynamic.

Thoughts?

-=e

For reference - Jenkins build project links:

   - https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/MADlib/job/madlib-master-build
   - https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/MADlib/job/madlib-pr-build/

--
*Ed Espino*