On Oct 25, 2011, at 11:04 AM, Isabel Drost wrote:

> On 25.10.2011 Dan Brickley wrote:
>> These make clear the urgency; the auto exporter is unmaintained, and breaks
>> with Confluence updates.
>
> Ok - so the bottom line is: Auto export will go away. Confluence will remain.
> As
> linking to dynamic content from the main page of a project is discouraged the
> Apache CMS is one alternative for site generation - however switching entails
> moving all content (again).

Also note, if we do this, we have to be careful about not putting it in an
official release.  Besides, making that move would be a large effort, unless
someone points us at a Confluence to Markdown converter.

I frankly don't get why using main Confluence is such a big deal.  Either it
can handle the load or not or it's up to the task or not.  If it isn't, then
why do we even have it as an option at the ASF?  We can switch back to MoinMoin
which doesn't have such nonsense.  Of course, it looks like crap.  Sigh.