Hi All;

I want to give my congratulation to all of the contributors of the project.
I found the idea of this project so nice and I want to contribute to the
project.

I am postdoctoral researcher who is involved on developing machine learning
algorithms. During my PhD I have developed several multiclass SVM

techniques and solvers. Now I am involved in a European Union project which
deals with large scale machine learning problems. I have a 5-6 years of

C++ development experience and I like developing and implementing new
machine learning techniques (Yes I know that Mahout uses Java :) , I will
try my best) .

My main expertise are classification, regression and transfer learning. I
have seen several open topics in http://mahout.apache.org/ and these are

1) Locally Weighted Linear Regression

2) Gaussian Discriminative Analysis

3) Independent Component Analysis

4) Principal Components Analysis

5) Classification with Perceptron or Winnow

6) Neural Network

I am aware that in Jira there are also some open issues. I can work on
anything. I think that before starting

any kind of coding I need to take the comments of experts in this project?
What do you recommend to me to start with?

Cheers

Ueruen