On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Nathan Halko <nat...@spotinfluence.com> wrote:

> The docs look great Dmitriy.  Has anyone considered giving oversampling
> ssvd over lanczos which is promising.  Trying to scale out horizontally but
> not seeing any difference between using one slave or many slaves.  Any
> ideas? (I won't go into detail about the setup here but if sounds familiar
> I'd like to talk more).

What do you mean by a slave? a mapper? a machine?

whether you increase input horizontally or vertically, you should see
more mappers. If your cluster has enough capacity to scheudle all
mappers right away, i beleive you will get almost the same time (i.e.
almost linear scaling) for most of the jobs.