Funny that you ask about this, as I was just writing code which required
hacking back to
the old API because it needed to use MultipleOutputs.

Short answer to say: as far as I can tell, the only way to get
MultipleOutputs (or map-side
join via CompositeInputFormat) is to go back to the old and ugly JobConf /
MapReduceBase
API.

Sad, but necessary, unless I'm mistaken.

  -jake