On that note, I wanted to ask: what does everyone feel needs to be done to make the standard spectral clustering robust enough to be considered a core algorithm? For me the biggest item was to have a job that computes the pairwise similarities required (I've recently started this), and I'd love to know what sort of input formats it should support for conversion to a similarity matrix. Is there anything else?

Eigencuts is another matter; I'm working on streamlining the data structures to make that more efficient.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: Mahout 0.9 release
Date:   Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:39:18 +0100
From:   Isabel Drost-Fromm <isa...@apache.org>
To:     dev@mahout.apache.org

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:32:42 -0800 (PST)
Suneel Marthi <suneel_mar...@yahoo.com> wrote:

We are presently targeting 0.9 for Dec 9.

Speaking of which: Any helping hand (be it on fixing issues, reviewing patches,
adding to the documentation) is highly welcome to make this happen! If you are
unsure what tasks exactly the project urgently needs help with do not be afraid
to ask on the mailing list.

Isabel