Has anyone thought to run “git checkout master; git log”? There seems to be no
substantive problem there.

Remember the hack we are using to close a PR has nothing to do with git, it’s a
comment in the log that triggers infra magic and may be even be on a completely
separate branch (as it was below). Also the branches never exist in the Apache
repo they are only ever in my repo. The history there is true and the history
in the master log is cleaned up. IMO there is no problem here.

On Apr 1, 2015, at 1:05 PM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, 617 if git pull brings merge (somebody pushed something while
> you were doing changelog etc.) there'd be merge. I'd try to rebase in 617
> this case (if it works) to avoid merge, if possible. or re-do the whole
> thing.
>
> it's just in practice we don't push that often so that it would actually
> happen; at least to me.
>
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Pat, actually i did not say I noticed problems in your commits. It was
>> somebody else :)
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Pat Ferrel <p...@occamsmachete.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Here is my history dump something wrong here?
>>>
>>>  608  git checkout master
>>>  609  git pull apache master
>>>  610  git merge --squash suneel
>>>  611  git log
>>>  612  git status
>>>  613  mvn clean install
>>>  614  nano CHANGELOG
>>>  615  git commit -a -m "MAHOUT-1655 Refactors mr-legacy into
>>> mahout-hdfs and mahout-mr, closes apache/mahout#86"
>>>  616  git status
>>>  617  git pull apache master
>>>
>> here ->
if it brings in merge (unlikely), I'd try reset and then git pull --rebase.
Or you'd be pushing a merge to master.