Dmitry/AndrewM,

I'm about to move forward finally with the next steps for this, to start with I
was just going to pick running performance numbers around the classifiers in
math-scala module, specifically naivebayes, I was also going to add the perf
hook around tfidf.    However I was thinking it might be more useful to be able
to shim in instrumentation around each parts of the above algorithm to measure
the performance.   The goal of this component is to measure the performance of
not only the whole algorithm but each significant part of the algorithm.   A
more concrete use case might be that the comitter makes a change to several
different parts of an algorithm and wants to do a before and after analysis.

Does the above path sound like a suitable first stab,  I have the basic perf
stats printing out and am stepping back a bit to think about the overall design
and applicability into the various scala/samsara parts of mahout.

I would really like some input before I move in a particular direction.

Thanks in advance.