Nice call out.

So there is precedence on NOT utilizing the Mahout inCore matrix/vector
structure in Mahout Bindings- See H2O bindings.

In this case- we let the underlying engine (in this case MADlib) utilize
its own concept of a Matrix.

Makes quicker work of writing bindings and, since most of the deep stuff in
MADlib is CPP, I assume there's fairly good performance there anyway.
(Mahout is JVM under the hood, so with out the accelerators, performance
was not spectacular).

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things."  -Virgil*