Hi all

During the bonding period and these days I have been taking a look and
familiarizing with Confluence API,
doing some tests using CURL before start the implementation of the
repository connector which is the first step as stated in the proposal.

I have deployed a local instance of Confluence as well, so that I can do
the development and tests using that instance.

As stated in the proposal, Confluence is migrating its old APIs (rpc-xml,
rpc-json) to the new REST API, so all the methods are not migrated yet.
For getting the changes, fields and content of the documents there won't be
any problem, but for permissions I have to check more in deep if the new
REST API already support it.
If not, we will have to do a mix using the methods provided by the rpc-json
api for that, and update it when the REST API contains all the methods.

After the first tests, there is no easy way to retrieve the user
permissions because they are tied to documents and/or spaces. So in order
to retrieve the user permissions,
documentId or SpaceId and user have to be provided. I proposed two
approaches to tackle this, one not so efficient, making many requests to
Confluence and the other developing a Confluence plugin to get them
(because at least at Java API level it is possible, but don't know yet what
kind of permissions it returns)

So I think, for that part, we can start using (trying) permissions at Space
level and then try to go finer at document level.
These problems are mainly related to the second part of the project
(Authority Connector) but I think it is interesting to put here some
results after the first overall tests I have performed.

Regards