Karl – I need help to understand step -  I am using recommended Running
multiprocess ZooKeeper example using Tomcat step – and have configured my
properties-global.xml file to use PostgreSQL – as it was already having

<property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.databaseimplementationclass"
value="org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfaceHSQLDB"/>

I replaced with Postgre setting along with other settings needed in this
file.(see attached file)

Now I am confused with documented steps – in yellow below – to
start-database.bat (It is written to start hsqldb) – Not sure if we need to run
the start-batabase.bat and initialize.bat when we

Are  using Postgre as our selected database

Documentation Extract..

start-database[.sh|.bat]

script to start the HSQLDB database

initialize[.sh|.bat]

script to create the database instance, create all database tables, and
register connectors

Running multiprocess ZooKeeper example using Tomcat
In order to run the ManifoldCF ZooKeeper example under Tomcat, you will need to
take the following steps:
1.    Start ZooKeeper (using the runzookeeper[.sh|.bat] script)
2.    Initialize the ManifoldCF shared configuration data (using
setglobalproperties[.sh|.bat])
3.    Start the database (using start-database[.sh|.bat])
4.    Initialize the database (using initialize[.sh|.bat])
5.    Start the agents process (using start-agents[.sh|.bat], and optionally
start-agents-2[.sh|.bat])
6.    Modify the Tomcat startup script, or use the Tomcat service
administration client, to set a Java "-Dorg.apache.manifoldcf.configfile"
switch to point to the example's properties.xml file.
7.    Start Tomcat.
8.    Deploy and start the mcf-crawler-ui, mcf-authority-service, and
mcf-api-service web applications, preferably using the Tomcat administration
client.

CEB is now Gartner. Learn
more.<https://www.gartner.com/technology/about/ceb-acquisition.jsp>
CEB India Private Ltd. Registration No: U741040HR2004PTC035324. Registered
office: 6th Floor, Tower-B, Building No.10, DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon 122002,
Haryana India If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
message in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete this message
and any attachments.