Hi,

I am exercising MCF and connectors we've written using the REST API.

To help with investigation of problems and to compare against other runs in different setups, I use the API to obtain the configuration of jobs and connectors that my tests are using, and collect job status and history data while running.

I'd like to be able to obtain the configuration of the MCF server, and perhaps also status of the server in operation too.

In terms of configuration, I'm thinking of things like:

* the settings from properties.xml (including defaults for those that are not set explicitly)
* the Java settings from start-options files

In terms of status, I'm currently inspecting MCF server log files, taking jmap/jstack/etc dumps, and using Linux tools like top to monitor the Java process for e.g. potential memory leak. These all happen on the MCF server side, though, and I'd really like to get the information into my test client. What might be interesting to see?

* number open connections
* size of connection pools
* RAM statistics
* count of requests running long, and the associated job
* ...

Is it possible to do any of this kind of thing and, if so, could you point me at the doc please?

If not, what are others doing in this area and could share?

Thanks in advance,
James

 --

James Thomas | Head of Testing | Linguamatics, an IQVIA company
324 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, CB4 0WG Cambridge, UK
Telephone number: +44 (0)1223 651910
web: www.linguamatics.com
Winner of the Frost & Sullivan Market Leadership Award 2016, 2017 and 2018
Linguamatics will process your personal data fairly and lawfully in accordance
with professional standards and the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data
Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (as applicable) and any other applicable
laws relating to the protection of personal data and the privacy of
individuals. Further information is available in our privacy policy:
https://www.linguamatics.com/privacy.
This email has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). The
contents of this email and any attachments are very likely to contain
confidential or proprietary information. If you received this email in error
please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and
any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents.
Linguamatics Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with
registered number: 4248841