Hi all,

Manifold CF crashes.
Raising this issue again, after enhancing memory and otherwise, still
facing the same issue. TRied every possible solution If anybody can help ,
please suggest me some solution.
*Problem:-* Manifoldcf crashes while crawling data from an intranet URL
hinting out below error in logs:-

agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
        at java.util.HashMap.resize(HashMap.java:704)
        at java.util.HashMap.putVal(HashMap.java:629)
        at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:612)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.cachemanager.CacheManager.findObjectsAndEx

     ecute(CacheManager.java:135)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.transformationconnection.TransformationC

 onnectionManager.loadMultipleInternal(TransformationConnectionManager.java:265)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.transformationconnection.TransformationC

     onnectionManager.loadMultiple(TransformationConnectionManager.java:246)
agents process could not start - shutting down
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.createStatement(PgConnection.java:11

     93)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.createStatement(PgConnection.java:15

     77)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.createStatement(PgConnection.java:36

     7)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.execute(Database.java:87

     3)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database$ExecuteQueryThread.run(D

     atabase.java:696)
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
[Thread-491] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector - Stopped
ServerConne
                       ctor@3a4621bd{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:8345}
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
[Thread-491] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler - Stopped
o.e.

j.w.WebAppContext@6a57ae10{/mcf-api-service,file:/tmp/jetty-0.0.0.0-8345-mcf-api

-service.war-_mcf-api-service-any-2010273384908625074.dir/webapp/,UNAVAILABLE}{/

           usr/share/manifoldcf/example/./../web/war/mcf-api-service.war}
[Thread-491] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler - Stopped
o.e.

j.w.WebAppContext@51c693d{/mcf-authority-service,file:/tmp/jetty-0.0.0.0-8345-mc

f-authority-service.war-_mcf-authority-service-any-1431262612693374489.dir/webap

p/,UNAVAILABLE}{/usr/share/manifoldcf/example/./../web/war/mcf-authority-service

           .war}
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
agents process ran out of memory - shutting down
Exception in thread "PostgreSQL-JDBC-SharedTimer-1"
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:

 Java heap space

All configuration are:-
 I have -Xms1024m ,-Xmx1024m memory allocated in
*start-options.env.unix, start-options.env.win file.*
 Also Configuration:-
 1) *For Crawler server *- 16 GB RAM and 8-Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU
 E5-2660v3 @ 2.60GHz and

 2) *For Elasticsearch server* - 48GB and 16-Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU
 E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz and i am using postgres as database.

3) Database as PostgreSQL
4) No of worker threads:-20.
5) manifold Version :-2.13

Can anybody please suggest some solution to get rid of this error and
crash, as whenever this istutaion comes, manifoldCF UI  results me this:_
[image: image.png]

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Priya