Hi Julien,

I agree if there are significant version restrictions it should be released
as a different connector than the one that is already there.

Can you create an svn branch and start setting this up in it?  There should
also be a ticket created that you can use to name your branch.  It's
important to make sure there are no name collisions with the existing
connector, of course.

Thanks!
Karl