The problem with running anything under Ant is that it's not set up for
this kind of flow:

- start service
- run tests
- stop service

Ant is about building and is not a sequential language, so starting this
under Ant is the wrong idea.

Instead, we can invoke scripts at will from within the java test class
itself.  But we need both Linux and Windows scripts for that, and we
download only one ES instance, and therefore we get only one kind of script
to go with it.

I supposed I can platform-conditionalize the download itself so we get
different scripts for different platforms.  Since ES doesn't include all
script variants in every download we're kind of stuck with this it seems.

The other issue we have to address is waiting for ES to actually fully
start.  I believe the code we had did this via a specific HTTP Get
request fired at the instance, so maybe we can reuse that code.  There may
also be a way to shut ES down via a similar HTTP Get mechanism.

Can you verify that waiting for ES to come up and shutting down ES can be
done with the same mechanism as is currently in the test code?

Karl