I think if there is an option for not needing to do the lookup then by all
means we should allow a pass-through.  But I believe there may already be
that option in other existing authority connectors.  It may be best in any
case to have a simple "pass through" authority connector available that can
be used everywhere, rather than make this an option of the JDBC connector.

Karl