Thanks for the comment.

OpenJDK, though, has also changed.  It always has been released from a fork
of the same java that goes into the Oracle releases.  While it might be
maintained by a different bunch of people, strategic decisions made by
Oracle also impact OpenJDK and, under the license terms, I cannot imagine
the situation changing.

Karl