Hi,

I would like to change the behavior of the Solr output connector concerning
two exception handling cases :

1.      In the current < handleIOException > method of the HttpPoster class,
the < unknown > case looks like this :

As the comment says, we don't know the type of IOException, so it is not
necessary to make the ServiceInterruption fail after a period, especially
since all < Solr down > exceptions have been handled upstream

2.      The current < handleSolrServerException > method of the HttPoster
class. Same as above, this method is called for an unknown exception that
cannot be related to a < Solr down > issue; it can only be related to some
missconfiguration or document specific issue. It is therefore not necessary
to throw a ManifoldCFException that will stop the job with a failure state

What do you think ? If you agree with me, I can create a ticket for that and
submit a patch. This would allow to graciously keep the job running while
properly skipping identified exceptions.

Regards,
Julien

antivirus Avast.