Hi all,

The release just pushed out the door has two fatal flaws.

The first one is that the new LDAP mapper has a name collision with the
Regexp mapper.  This makes the examples not work; the system fails while
registering connectors.  Already fixed on trunk.

The second problem is that we had conflicting versions of Velocity in the
release.  The older version of Velocity was used by the UI, and the newer
by Tika, but because of the conflict we get exceptions in the UI randomly
depending on load order of the jars.  This is much harder to correct.

I've made some progress with it but there are two outstanding problems that
need to be solved.  See:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-1712?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17533362#comment-17533362
.

If anyone has the time to look inside the Velocity configuration process to
figure out how the ExtProperties object gets set up, and how I can send in
an object to it at engine configuration time, I'd love to hear about it.
I'm out of time for this weekend.

Karl