We updated log4j four times in December/January.  The first two times
seemed warranted, although limited even then because the UI and API for an
ManifoldCF instance are not ever available on the open internet.  The last
two were a stretch to think they could cause any problems in our
environment, but we upgraded anyway.

We will be updating log4j on every release for the next few years because
logging systems are now under quite a microscope and we get asked this
question all the time.  We also get told that many of our library
dependencies have critical CVEs, e.g. Axis, but once again the scenarios in
these CVEs cannot occur in our environment, and furthermore, there is no
Axis upgrade possible.  So it is up to individual users to decide whether
the existence of a CVE is meaningful to them.

Karl