Hi Julien,

Sorry for the delay; I've been under intense pressure at work of late and
just saw this email now.

Regarding library updates: we should generally go ahead and do those
FIRST.  There are custom fixes for httpclient checked into the ManifoldCF
code base so we may need to work a little to get those to build properly.
But I'm reasonably sure it can be done.  Libraries are backwards compatible
at the minor version level so all is good there.  When somebody wants to go
to HttpClient 5, though, we are in trouble.

AFTER that is done we should evaluate whether the 9.x Solr library is
backwards compatible enough with 8.x to work.  We had to do very little to
go from 7.x to 8.x, so unless the Solr people suddenly changed their
philosophy dramatically, it should be possible to do this too.  But we will
see.

Karl