On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 09:20 -0400, swhiser wrote:
> Benjamin Horst wrote:
>
> > Though a solitary wave recedes back into the ocean, it means nothing
> > to the rising tide.
>

> Wishful thinking wrapped in denial.  The first 10% was easy.  They are
> working every SINGLE migrating account.  They are trying to undo EVERYTHING.

Which was always predictable. I mean, if I had loads of money and a
monopoly, why wouldn't I try and preserve it? Its a classic and easily
predictable pattern. Laugh at you, fight you, then you win (ghandi).
Well, we are in the middle stage and the win bit remains to be seen but
some things are worth fighting for. Certainly here in the UK there has
never been as much interest in FLOSS in general and OOo is part of that
bigger picture.

> There is no motivation for volunteers to compete.
>
> Give up!

Sam, why are you doing this? I'm a volunteer and I'm motivated. I don't
see any of the volunteers in my immediate circles not motivated. There
are bound to be set backs, don't waste energy on these unless you can
turn it to an advantage.

--
Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZMSL