Erwin Tenhumberg wrote:

So why dont they work with us? Novell has a fork, Red Hat and Ubuntu build on the Novell fork. IBM is working thier own fork under the SISSL and not contributing back. The question must be asked, "Do we have bad breath?"

I think these companies can (and BTW do) speak for themselves.

Most issues are already known, but in many cases the solution is not
that simple, even if it might appear to be on the surface.
The more parties participate, the more ideas, goals, objections, etc.
come together.

A perfect summary of my motivation to post the question on LXer today.
-Sam

Erwin