Hi all,

On Oct 6, 2005, at 6:05 AM, Graham Lauder wrote:

Jacqueline McNally wrote:

I had this as an agenda item
(http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg? list=discuss&msgNo=674)
for the CC meeting: "4. next OOoCon: I suggest we announce the next
OOoCon now, and propose, following Jacqueline's lead, that we make it
Lyon.".

Given that Asia is becoming a large market for OOo would it be
reasonable to look at somewhere in that region for next year.

Say Singapore for instance...

The problem is that an OOoCon --that works must include the developers that do the work, specifically those in Hamburg. They are willing to travel, of course, but there are time and distance limits. Sorry, but those are the facts.

That said, we can and *should* focus on a few key conferences to showcase OOo, what it can do, and how it can help people, and see if there are local developers willing to help out. In Singapore, Colin Charles can probably help us, if his schedule allows, as well as other community developers.

Best
Louis