Chad Smith wrote:
Microsoft to standardize Office formats

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+to+standardize+Office+formats/2100-1012_3-5965443.html

>From the article:

"Moving to standard as an open standard will place a level of trust on the
technology that will give people the confidence to get behind it," said Alan
Yates, general manager of Microsoft's information worker strategy. "We look
forward to the day when people look at this as a milestone, as the beginning
of the end for closed documents."

--

What do you all think?

Sadly, I'm skeptical, but if they do actually follow through, then I say good for them and I'll have to give them some props for doing the right thing.

--
Steven Shelton
Twilight Media & Design