I market OOo here in the UK. I'm not particularly high profile (I work
in a particular vertical market, and have clients who don't particularly
court publicity about their office systems). I don't claim to
"represent" OOo in any way - I just market it as a product that I
believe will be of significant benefit to my clients.

I had hoped that a "marketing list" would help me to work out how to
improve my effectiveness, better articulate the benefits to specific
markets, and generally have an area where I could bounce questions /
ideas off other people who also "marketed OOo".

As a marketeer by training and profession, I've tried to get involved in
a couple of discussions on this forum, but I've generally got the
impression that my viewpoint wasn't particularly wanted. In fact, I'd go
further - I got the impression that DISCUSSION wasn't particularly
wanted, and the purpose of this forum was more to communicate to us what
the "central team" (which seems to be some mix of Sun marketing staff
and the community council) are doing, and something between advice and
instruction on what we should be doing.

I don't have a problem with a list on exactly that topic, BTW :-)

It may be, of course, that I'm simply joined up to the wrong list, and
that there is a rather better source of information for people like me
who want help marketing OOo. If so, can you tell me what I should be
joined up to, please?

Do I have the time or ability to add to the work that the "central team"
are doing - definitely not to the first, and probably not to the
second :-) However, I am after a resource that helps me market solutions
based around OOo to my clients.

Regards,

Mark