An interesting post (at least for me about the evolution of FLOSS) and innovation on the middle tier between programmers, community, and end users. Is there a space for a 3rd player? One that focus on the financial aspect and the delivery of aditional goods and services?

Here is a snippet of my post:
"As a member and leader of the OpenOffice.org community I can assure you that OOo inspire people, people are always commenting:
- I want a OOo Project Management
- I want a Outlook-like for OOo
- I need this bug corrected
- We want a weboffice
- I want a Palm version of OOo

This comments definetly have 2 things:
- 1 they use our product and valued it
- They are inspired to keep using it and expand to other areas

It would be interesting to see if we can float those thoughts and raise funds for the development of it such as make a stock flotation on 'creating a OOo Outlook'. People buy an IPO of $5 bucks per stock and then a 2nd offering at $50, another at $500 and so on. You end up with $100,000 which will pay 5 developers to work on the Outlook module connecting to the OpenOffice.org suite. "

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES