On Fri, 2006-14-04 at 11:55 +0200, Sophie Gautier wrote:

> Having some experience in technical writing, I would like to add that it
> depends also of the editor that will publish your book.

While writing technical books could be called technical writing, maybe I
should explain that I was using the term a little more narrowly. I was
referring specifically to people who earn a living writing manuals,
policy and procedure guides, and similar material.

When writing a book, you can often use OOo whether or not the editor
approves or not. The demands of manuscript formatting are so simple that
you should be able to export to .doc format without any trouble in most
cases.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
Burnaby, BC, Canada