Hi Jean,

Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

[...]

I think the way this marketing effort was done was excellent and in keeping with our ideals as a open project. IMO, attempting to prevent "leaks" by trying to do things less openly causes more problems than it solves, and often is unsuccessful in preventing leaks anyway. In this case, what harm was done by the leak? None, as far as I can tell. (Granted, there may be occasions when a less open discussion is important, but IMO those occasions would be very much the exceptions.)

The only thing I'm aware of that we need to change is adding a prominent notice on draft pages: either stating that they are draft pages, or that they are "embargoed" until a specific time and date, as is done on press releases. That way people may find the pages, but journalists and most other people will honour the embargo and not publicise the pages or the campaign prematurely.

Sounds very reasonable to me.

And if a campaign is planned, that really has to be kept silent, for reason of impact or such, mailing lists should be avoided.

Greetings,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws