Hei Bernhard,

> thanks for joining this list - your ideas are worthwhile to be
> considered among this broader audience.

Thanks. ;-)

> I like them as starting and cumulating points for the more informative
> strategy you mentioned above - some of your descriptions  (i.e. Risk and
> Bugs) seem only to be clear for people already interested in
> OpenOffice.org or open source.

Hmm...I like things that people have to think about. However, it is
sometimes hard to estimate how understandable the things that go on in
your brain are for others, so i'd say you may be right and they require
too much.

> For others I'd like to have a more relative POV:
> - You'll probably need some help
> - Sometimes it works differently

Why? That's exactly what i wouldn't do.

I think the whole thing works much better by stating it with confidence.
And it is true that it works differently (not only sometimes, because
it's a whole different user experience starting with icons that look
differently). And you will definately need help when migrating to OOo,
may it be personal or non-personal. In fact i find the Help-message the
weakest of the six as it is right now.

A friend that I did show the things to yesterday said that it seems like
exactly what OpenOffice.org needs: a campain that isn't too careful, but
a little more offensive, fresh, young, keen.

Besides that i agree that it's just a starting point and should be
worked on.

> PS: Could it be that you didn't use the official blue tone for the logo?
> Even if you don't like it - as long as it is the official one (that
> means at least until the launch of OOo3.0) it should be used for visual
> identity reasons.

Hmm...you said the same thing about the button i think. But i didn't
change the color, it's the Pantone one. I might check my InDesign
settings, could be that the documents are created in CMYK mode, cause
this is my default.

(I'm aware that i have to live with that blue...don't worry, getting
used to it. I'm just trying to promote the idea of limiting it's use to
certain elements, now. ;-) )

André.