I think the Documentation Project's revised first page does a
good job of separating (on the one page) the material for
contributors and the material for consumers/users (in the case of Marketing, the press, amongst others). And no, it wasn't me who designed the Docs page. ;-)

http://documentation.openoffice.org/

As part of this planning exercise we should list (for our own use) the consumers/users of marketing materials. Definitely a lot more than press, though I agree that press is poorly catered for in terms of ease of finding press releases and other important material. Some consumers/users are mentioned or implied on the existing page, for example people wanting posters or handouts or buttons for their own websites.

--Jean