Hi everyone,

(Forgive my lack of understanding of the proper method of quoting posts)
Quoting Louis;

> I don't like negative advertising, though it works. I don't like OOo
> officially bashing MS though that would work, too, I'm sure. But I
> think there is no need. We can represent OOo's virtues, including the
> ODF, positively and intelligently in comparison to OOXML's and it's
> implementations quite without bashing. But I think for this present
> campaign, which  is for this quarter (ends with September) we need to
> focus on fall things. Then we can start the other projects. So let's
> focus! And if part of our message is that with OOo one can easily
> trade documents and not worry about vendor lockin... well :-)

I've made an early promo-poster proposal and attached it to the issue 81369
and it can also be found on my OOo-dedicated site;

http://overkill.hyperphp.com/upgrade.php
(or http://overkill.hyperphp.com/e_upgrad.php for MSIE users)

I know this isn't the arts mailing list, I just wanted to throw in my two cents
about
Louis' comment above and emails that have followed after it. I agree
wholeheartedly
with Louis and I think we can promote OOo on it's own virtues rather than having
to rely on MS-bashing. I joined OOo thinking it was a community of people who
were Pro-OSS, not just another anti-Microsoft act. OOo is good enough that we
don't
need to resort to trash-talking or MS-bashing, please don't give a wave of
potentially-
new-members the wrong impression of what we're all about.

Hope you all like the Poster (it's a bit chunky at half a meg, but it's
scalable past A3).
Also let me know what's wrong with it so I can fix it as required.

-Nik