On 2007-10-09, at 20:32 , Graham wrote:

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 04:48, Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:

[......]

So, please don't kill me... ;-)

Actually, quite the opposite. I also think that we can very likely
use the work done for future efforts. And there will be those!
best
louis

Hi Louis,

Frankly I think we're going about this the wrong way.

What the project needs to do is to come up with a campaign. Costs, targets, goals and methodologies and then present that to all the corporate partners
for a contribution to a war chest.

The positive that came out of this debacle is at least we know now that there
is a marketing budget to be had.

I have always believed that the strength of OOo is in it's mix between
community and corporate. We need to leverage that strength. At the moment
we're not, the community gets dragged around like the baby of the
family: "Sit in the back seat, shutup and don't annoy the adults cos we
know best."

We need to be more proactive

No objections from my end. We had this $ emergency (so to speak) and acted speedily. But now we have some time to act more rationally.

So let's. And I think Florian also replied....

Cheers
GL

Ciao
louis