CTVN wrote:
good idea regarding the developing countries. rather than just handing t-shirts out (btw, to who - the fastest, strongest or the ones with the best connections?!?), its perhaps better to give them as prizes for the best participants (or all who pass...) in an openoffice course.
<snip />

This made me think of South Africa. They are quite active in Open Source generally and I know they have training companies down there that can/do ECDL based training but with Open Office as opposed to MS Office. Maybe that is worth looking into. there are lot of *worthy* causes who'd love T-shirts down there. AND they have a decent infrastructure and Press Reporting / Media so images and news would get out fast and globally.

Just an idea...

Al

--
The way out is open!